Sunday, March 06, 2022

Recovering

 I survived yesterday's catastrophe in Raleigh; honestly. I expected it, given their fondness for playing like crap when it matters most.  Do you trust this team in an NCAA Tournament?  They have the talent, but as to the other things...not really.  Paolo Banchero seems to have "empty" games against big-time foes.  Keels is hit or miss.  Williams is a good defender but he could use a little more beef -- if we could shave a little off Theo John, it would be perfect.  Hell, I don't even trust this team in the ACC Tournament.  Thank God they have an autobid to the NIT.

Another thing...I am not a fan of the idea of neutral-site conference tournaments, especially for the smaller schools.  To me, nothing is more exciting -- COVID or not -- to see the fans charge the floor once a team wins; for a lot of these players, this is the moment of their playing careers, and it should be celebrated with the fans and everyone else...on their home court.  Like last week, it was CSU's last home game...wouldn't it be cool if they could have the tourney downtown?  Not that they have a huge home field advantage, but...I would think the city would want an -- any! -- opportunity to get people to visit, as well.

God, it's nice out today; I even went for a lengthy stroll around the block -- it was too nice not to, and there is of course the residual fatness.  I had some stuff to do, which I did (could have done more), but it was just awesome to stretch my legs and get some sun and fresh air in.  I suspect this will NOT last, but there is no reason why I can't get out more this week, and in the future... 

https://www.commentary.org/noah-rothman/dont-go-full-liberty-cabbage-on-russia/

Oh, I don't know...maybe we should?  I mean, for one, we are all civilized people, and if someone doesn't want to act as such... two, it does give people who are justifiably outraged about this a way to voice their feelings (let's face it; people don't have a lot of direct options nowadays to help). Three...so what if this affects Russians?  They voted for the guy; ok, prolly not as many as claimed, but some of them did, and if we really believe in consequences...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home