Monday, February 14, 2022

A new start

So...today was the first day of the new job, and it was...intense.  The day started off with a crisis -- I got a bum steer on the introductory email password, but once that was fixed, it was into the role.  Lots of stuff to learn -- the science, the tech, where to find the documents -- and plenty of meetings this week to meet everyone.  But I got started on my first project, with more to go.  Everyone seemed nice and happy to see me, so... so far so good.  I was nervous, I had to admit; drank a lot of coffee and even snacked a bit.  I felt fat, of course, and the low blood sugar this morning deep-sixed the gym in the AM trip (I rode the bike more tonight to make up for it, of course).

Yesterday I watched the Super Bowl (sort of; I was reading and working on something during game action), so I had my annual football game-watching extravaganza.  It was...fine?  I don't know; the commercials were ok, I guess.  Some were funny (the one with Gwyneth amused me) and there were a plethora of electric car commercials.  I mean, I know one person with a Tesla, one with a Prius, and that's it.  I know they are more of a coastal thing, but... I am not sure they are all that worthwhile yet.  I am interested in the electric pickup trucks, albeit...not yet.

I also forgot it was Valentine's Day, at least for most of it.  Maybe because I am single, maybe it was that I had so much other stuff to do, but I should have...I even got cards from the aunts (before today).  One bright side of this is that I can now buy the shit I was supposed to at a discount, and we all know how I feel about saving money...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home