Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Mattie Snickers

 So, I went to Great Lakes Brewing for lunch today (I met a friend).  It was...ok?  I mean, the sandwich (pretzel-coated chicken) was fine, though I am not sure it and the fries were worth $15.  The beer -- I had a tropical IPA, and it was...meh?  The stuff I had at Hopping Frog was a bit more flavorful and hearty, if you will.  Plus, getting there and finding a parking space (the streets are fine, but the curbs are a hot mess; you can't pass, and parking spaces are hit or miss) and everything... I guess I should have gone in June.  On the other hand, it was on my food list, so that's a good thing.  The food list also has recipes, so maybe I will spend some time cooking one of these days.  (Not during food pantry month, though.)

Speaking of, some of the volunteers went down there today and cleaned and organized and sorted the clothing, with the result being -- provided the weather is nice -- we should have full racks to put out. This is good, as the clothing storage area is packed (literally) and stuff keeps coming in (sigh).  The snowdrifts were high last week so we didn't do much; this time, though, there is supposedly a clear area to put the stuff, so we will see.  We are also collecting plastic bags again, in expectation of another ban... I hope not, for many reasons, including the simplicity of having them.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_stephen_moore/why_are_liberals_so_miserable

Maybe because they are miserable to begin with?  :)  This could be me, but one thing I have noticed is that my GOP friends (and I) tend to have so much more to do; I mean, in addition to, say, family stuff, most of my friends who lean rightward have jobs and do other things -- church stuff, scouts, volunteering -- and thus they have less time to be miserable.  I always get a kick out of a couple of my progressive friends who say they would love to do food pantry/charitable work, but don't want to do it with a church.  Ok, fine...then go do it, I tell them; get a bunch of your like-minded types together and start something.  So far...crickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home