Saturday, January 29, 2022

Crossing off and moving up

 I had a surprisingly busy day today...which started extremely early.  I woke up at 4, was restless for an hour, and decided, well, can't sleep, may as well get up... which I did.  Read some articles, did some morning prayer, then off to the gym for shoulders.  I will admit, the lack of sleep was a factor on the farmer carries.  Anyways, then home for a quick shower and then a 10 AM class - "free" from the library on using Word.  Most of it was review, but some was not, and I signed up for a bunch they offered about Excel; again, some new, some not.

Then it was down to Akron; met a friend for lunch at Hopping Frog Brewery -- I had never been, on the food list, always wanted to try -- and it was good!  Should have taken an IPA to go, but the one I had there was good (not too hoppy) and the food was solid -- nothing too special but good.  Hung out for a bit, then home to get stuff from the library and watch the end of the Duke game.  It almost caused a coronary, but due to superior coaching and maximum effort from those scrappy Blue Devils, they pulled it out.  Phew.

Next, I watched "Bastogne" from "Band of Brothers" (might be my favorite episode, actually) and then I watched "Who Killed Vincent Chin?"  It's a documentary from 1985 about two autoworkers who killed an Asian-American, fueled by racial animus towards Asians for taking their jobs.  And, their lack of punishment.  It was good; very stark and simple, actually.  I always say after these things that sometimes you watch and stuff hasn't changed, but in some ways we have.  Now, of course, no one would get probation for bashing someone's skull in with a baseball bat... well, one hopes.  This brings me to 784 of the National Film Registry (with more to come from the library).  

The church envelopes for next month have yet to arrive, or are gone forever... this is a concern.  I mean, I can hand-write a business envelope, but...not the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home