Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The Morning Appeal

 I haven't actually been outside to look at the snow; my driveway got plowed, but I didn't feel like going anywhere yesterday (people who did said the roads were crappy; I told all the liberals that they should love paying all the unionized city workers double holiday pay, which went over well) and this morning I slept in.  I don't know; maybe this extra sleep is helping, though the cold is still here.

I stayed up to watch "The Murder of Fred Hampton" on TCM (I love free NFR entries); it was added this year so I easily recognized.  Anyways, it was...interesting.  It's two parts; the first is a biopic/day in the life of a Black Panther in Chicago; the second is a forensic investigation of his killing during a police raid; obviously, the filmmakers decided it was a cover up.  That was...I guess to me the fascinating thing is that 50 years later we are still dealing with the same stuff.  Cops covering up the killing of black people?  Check.  Inequality?  Check.  Hell, they even talked about lead pipes affecting the water and the lives of children...which we still have today.  I guess this is what I like watching stuff like this; I mean, there is little if any chance I would have watched it save for the NFR, but it was fascinating that I did.  In the meantime...we are up to 782, and I want to clear off some more soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home