Monday, January 10, 2022

Milestone

 Twelve hundred posts.  I guess this is sort of a milestone; I mean, I have been posting for a while, and I know my readers love my insights... 

Is it me, or were the predictions of snow and disaster today completely overblown?  We had only the slightest hint of flurries here, and some of the coworkers on the East Side noted that it was hardly catastrophic.  It is cold -- the furnace has been on a lot, and when I went to the gym it was a bit nippy and windy -- but it was hardly shutdown therapy.  If anything, the gym (I went after J!) was packed that late, which is good, as I hit the bike hard....the fatness and the need to read more the main reasons.  Joy.

I listened to the Ringer podcast (with Bill Simmons) about "Hoosiers" today.... I admit there was some trepidation there, as it is one of my favorite movies and Simmons...well, I am more miss than hit with him. But...it was pretty good.  He made some good points, their takes on the movie were pretty solid, and the alternative scenarios they discussed (supposedly Nicholson was interested in the Coach Dale role but had other stuff to do) were thought provoking.  I will admit I would get more of the podcasts if I listened more intently, but they are good ways to pass time at work.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/kevin-mccarthy-im-kicking-3-democrats-off-their-committees-if-republicans-win-back-house-in-2022

Let's make this happen!  More seriously...I think he is correct, and while it is magnanimous not to throw people off committees, blood is in the water and the precedent has been made, so...make them hurt.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/democrats-botched-public-school-covid-policy/621183/

Being the progressive sort that I am, we all need to castigate this Dem for her lack of support for unions and public education in this country...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home