Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Up All Night

 So, here we are -- I crashed early (and hard) and am now awake. Mind you, my blood sugar was quite ok when I crashed, maybe even a bit high.  But not now.  Oi.  In the meantime, I went to Fathead's yesterday; never been, it was on the list, and off we went.  It was...pretty good?  The place is huge -- yuugge, even -- and I could tell they have a working ventilation system.  Favorite niece and I had a laugh -- the website has a "limited menu," which is quite extensive, so we wanted to know what the normal one was.  I went with a growler of the Juju Imperial IPA (don't ask about the fatness) and the chicken sandwich.  The IPA was quite good; the growler was the right portion and the beer was a good flavor, no real IPA aftertaste, and it was smooth.  The sandwich was a bit spicy, but good -- big, too.  We would definitely go back!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/12/oregon-secession-idaho-move-border/621087/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Are they really that successful if it hasn't happened yet?  More seriously, this is interesting... not sure anything will ever come from it, but maybe it should; let the great sorting begin...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/01/03/dan-bongino-and-the-big-business-of-returning-trump-to-power

Interesting; ok, I've never listened to his show -- I prefer music or some history podcasts to get me through the day -- but I do get a kick out of the nuts and bolts of the conservative movement, which is still (oddly) fueled by talk radio.  The idea that conservatives should have their own networks is fine with me -- for a bunch of reasons -- even if we do just create another echo chamber, which is not good, frankly.  On the other hand, it is to be expected, given that they have been left with no other alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home