Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Slipping Away

 Finished the book about the Knoxville Campaign today; it's by Earl Hess, one of my favorite authors.  Good synopsis of the campaign, which is little remembered today, but at the time it was a big deal  -- Lincoln had wanted an army there for the Unionist population since day one, but due to the exigencies of war and the poor transportation system, it didn't happen until late 1863, when Ambrose Burnside (of all people) did it.  The Confederacy sent Longstreet (stupidly) to try and get it back, which he did not.  Interesting; there was one minor fight, a bunch of skirmishes, and a semi-siege; mainly, for both sides, logistics decided the campaign, which the author detailed repeatedly.  I love this stuff, of course, so it was good to finish.  I do need to read more in 2022, for a bunch of reasons (a long list among them).

In the meantime, I didn't go in the attic today for Xmas decorations, which means I will be cutting it tight, to say the least.  No tree, either; yes, they cost more this year, but I should...I used to love doing it as a kid and we kept it up late, too.  Always sad to take it down.  Now... it might be a bit emotional, just looking at the ornaments, even.  Laziness, aging, my general Xmas ennui... it is not good.  

https://capitalresearch.org/article/to-encourage-the-others-making-an-example-of-the-nbsa/?blm_aid=73350

This is awesome; we on the right need to be doing these things a lot more -- to say nothing of protests, boycotts, and of course, scorn.  It's not like the media will be on our side, not that we could boycott them... ok, we could, but we don't. I don't know; I think it would be awesome if the standard GOP answer to interview requests would be a press release complaining about biases and double standards.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/22/dan-crenshaw-conservatives-come-correct-525829

I think he is completely correct.  I think his "celebrity" status insulates him from criticism in some quarters, but.. I have found little if anything to criticize in his tenure, and if all GOPers were like him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home