Thursday, December 09, 2021

Fahrenheit

 Let me tell you about yesterday in reverse.  Namely, at 9:45 last night, I laid down on the living room floor, shut off the light, and went to bed.  I woke up at 3:30 or so to use the bathroom, laid right back down, and woke up again at 7:50.  As one of college roomies said when I recounted my exciting night out to him, whatever happened to us? Well, we got old...and some of us sleep for shit on a good day, much less a few bad days in a row...

Before that, I watched "Scoob," an animated tale about...Scooby Doo (don't judge me).  It was from 2020, and while the story itself was a bit maudlin at times, it was close to the gist of the original, it wasn't the worst plot, and I did like how they mainly brought the characters into the modern times.  I've seen worse, let me put it that way.  I realize I am not exactly the intended audience... I didn't realize the voices were a killer cast; Zac Efron, Ken Jeong, Amanda Seyfried, Will Forte, Tracy Morgan, Henry Winkler -- I was quite impressed.

Less impressive was my trip to Fahrenheit; ok, it was actually...decent?  I mean, first, of course, it's in Tremont, so I had to find a place to park, never fun around there, which is why I hate Tremont.  Anyways, I found a close-ish spot, and hauled ass to the place.  Nice, not too loud, not that busy.  Went with the duck cassoulet over the pasta bolognese because anyone could make pasta (ha) but duck... anyways.  The meal was...good?  The duck was seasoned well, if a bit overdone at the skin and slightly pink inside.  The venison sausage that accompanied it was incredible; perfectly seasoned and moist.  The rest of the meal was meh; the beans that made up the bulk of the cassoulet were just that, little to no seasoning, and ditto for the carrots.  Most of the desserts were chocolate (not a huge fan) but I ordered the lava cake all the same... it was pretty good, if a bit rich.  The berry sauce with it was decent, and I rather liked the fluffy surround of the ice cream.  It was overall good, but I am not sure I would run back; I think Salt is still the best of the places I have visited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home