Saturday, November 27, 2021

A Weekend Away

 So, I was in Columbus for Turkey Day -- my cousin lives in Westerville and took over hosting from aunt, and I decided to stay for a couple of days, see some people, that sort of thing.  And...it was good?  Food was the same -- awesome as always.  Family time was fun; didn't see Mom's side last year, of course!  My cousin had a baby, so it was good to see him, too... 

Stayed at the Drury Inn; I didn't realize they offer both free breakfast and free dinner (with three free drinks!) as part of the deal (it's "free," as we say!), so it was...nice?  Everything was clean, the room had a tub, and the TV worked, so...that and two squares was fine.  Friday I decided to cross some places off the food list, so I hit Fox in the Snow -- coffee place -- with some friends.  It was jam-packed, so the coffee and grub selection was sparse, but it was good.  I then met some other friends for lunch at the Thurman Cafe; it's not large (I was surprised) and there was a wait, but it was good; the burgers are huge and yet cooked pretty consistently... most impressive.  And it was good to catch up.

Friday night, of course, was THE GAME; Duke and #1 Gonzaga.  I really thought Gonzaga would have had our number, but we seemed to handle their size well, and aided by the red hit and sober Banchero... one thing I did learn was that wearing Duke blue in Columbus was...not wise.  Baby Jesus, of course, cried.

In the meantime, today was The (Lesser) Game, lost by OSU...you'd think Cbus had been scheduled for nuclear destruction; I thought it was a bit odd, given that OSU could not stop UM; I realize the D has been putrid all year, but if it keeps happening all year... how many of the run plays that UM ran were literally mismatches; you would see 5 blue jerseys for two of ours...oi.  Then on the way home I decided to stop at the Buckeye Express diner in Bellville, just off 71 (violates my rule about running the express).  Heard about it, figured I would stop.  It was good -- it is in part in a caboose, and the food is simple, but decent and the fries were fresh.  One thing about the weekend...ate a lot.  Can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow, but...a week of baked fish will be on tap!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home