Sunday, November 21, 2021

Awake and alive

 So, I took a six-hour nap today; it's like I slept a whole night.  Came home from church and gym, had lunch, read a bit, and that was that.  Oi.  Impressive, but not really; I am still tired, have stuff to do, and of course feel lazy for sleeping...  I did have a busy Saturday.  Food pantry duty in the AM -- completely forgot it was my turn to help.  I am glad I did, not that we didn't have a lot of volunteers -- we did, but we were sort of busy, especially early.  It was good to help -- everyone who wanted one got a turkey, for one -- and we also cleaned out and emptied some of the freezers.

Been reading Downfall by Richard Frank; it's about the end of WW2 in Japan.  Bit older but quite interesting; I think it largely reinforces the side of the debate about the end in that until the atomic bombs were dropped, the debate about ending the war on the Japanese side was just that -- debate.  Not until that overwhelming force was used did the matter become academic.  

https://reason.com/volokh/2021/11/18/professor-removed-from-campus-for-writing-and-talking-about-people-who-have-sexual-attraction-to-minors/

You know, I agree with this; it's not a pleasant topic to discuss, but 1) I am a First Amendment absolutist and 2)  Volokh is correct in that if it could be done (and I stress could), it would be good to help prevent people from acting out on their impulses, and this is one way to do that.  I am skeptical, of course, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home