Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Rest

 So yesterday I went to bed right at 11 -- I had a thrilling day of work, punctuated by a trip to the dentist for some fillings (they really hurt after; I don't recall so much discomfort the last time), and a haircut...and I was just pooped.  Woke up at 7, and on the one hand, I felt good to have eight hours of sleep, but on the other...I just felt tired all afternoon.  Not sure why... I also missed a food pantry meeting, which is no great loss -- all aspects of the place run better without me, I am sure -- but I am sure something went down that required my attention.

Today...well, work was the usual, life was the usual.  I did note that Armond Budish will not be running again for County Executive; I am sure, of course, that this had nothing to do with the latest contretemps in the news.  Again, if only we had a GOP governor and judicial team that wanted to get to the bottom of this...

https://www.newyorker.com/science/elements/discovering-the-oldest-figural-paintings-on-earth?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This is pretty cool!  I wonder how much "entrenched racism" is really at play here; I mean, I am sure there is some, but considering that homo florensis has been accepted as is, you'd think it is passing? Certainly, if we can discover a new human species and re-think the idea of Clovis culture being the earliest in the Americas (an idea under debate to be sure), I'd like to think that science is at least open to the idea of man outside of Indonesia making art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home