Thursday, November 11, 2021

Eloi, Eloi...

 Well, the long national nightmare is over; the new laptop arrived today and while the file transfer is tomorrow, the Internet works and everything is slowly returning to normal.  It is nice, the new one, both in terms of the device itself as well as not having to use the work computer (which connects to the network there, so people think you are online)...  I was off today -- our optional mandatory holidays, so I took it; slept in a bit, did some errands, read some...didn't do as much as I wanted, but it was nice all the same.

Went to Crust in Tremont as a celebration/cross one off the list (a lot of coffee places are on it, so I should start hitting some of those as well)... I didn't realize it was literally next door to St. John Cantius; which shows you how I navigate around Tremont.  But it was good!  I ordered the pizza of the day; crispy chicken, bacon, smoked mozzarella, and a buffalo ranch sauce (bit of a kick for me).  It was pretty tasty; slightly hot but not too much so, and I had my annual Nosferatu as well.  I would try it again, especially if I was in the area (not that I am).

US food banks struggling to provide for hungry families amid surging prices, supply chain issues | Fox Business

Oh, I don't know...first, many of these people voted for Joe, so it is only fair that they reap what they sew. Two, of course, the last thing some of these people need is food, so...  Three, if even Amazon is paying $16 an hour...  more seriously, so far, no major changes for us, though, as I remind our clients, we are a food bank, not a grocery store, so....you have to deal with it like we do.

Public records: Bill Mason told prosecutor in Cuyahoga County probe that Mike O’Malley would face primary opponent if investigation into Executive Armond Budish wasn’t dropped (msn.com)

Isn't this a crime?  As I like to say, if we had an actual Republican governor, we would have all of these people in the dock for public corruption... but we do not, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home