Thursday, October 28, 2021

Learning

 https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/democrats-worry-a-lot-about-policies-that-win-elections-thats-short-sighted/?ex_cid=biden-approval

https://www.niskanencenter.org/can-democrats-design-social-programs-that-survive/

Interesting; I guess I always thought -- given the growth of the budget, welfare state, etc., that no government program ever gets cut or eliminated; I mean, it's not completely true, but I never thought the attrition rate in the second link was so...high. Certainly seems lower; hell, Republicans seldom want less government, so I can't imagine that it so.  I just wonder what would happen if a GOPer ran on, say, cutting government -- whole Cabinet departments, thousands of bureaucrats, etc. -- and cutting taxes and maybe paying down some debt.  Now, I doubt all of the program would get passed, but even if a small part of it would be achieved...well, that would be a sight to see.

I think I am coming down with a cold; sniffles and such.  Now, I suspect if I turned on the furnace again, it would help, as would getting some more sleep. My original plan of seven hours a day is gone, and last night I woke up with low blood sugar -- took nearly an hour to get it under control, and in consequence I slept through the alarm and woke up late today.  Oi.   Maybe next week I will be a bit more disciplined -- or have fewer little things that need attention -- and can have some scheduled time for rest. But I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home