Thursday, October 21, 2021

Craptasticness

 So, today was an absolutely meh day; started with the dentist, where I discovered I need a power clean and have three (small) cavities, so I will need two trips back... oi.  Then it was off to work at home, where, the usual problems happened, with the result that (save for a dinner and J! break) I finished at 9:30.  No gym, of course.  Oi.  At least I got some reading done -- couple of days ago I finished From Holmes to Sherlock, which was quite interesting -- a look at the media portrayals of Holmes, mainly, with an interesting aside of how the Doyle estate handled the character (and their own personal finances). Now I am on to a book about the football scandals at FSU; it seems like it should be a weightier tome, in all honesty...

Didn't watch any of the Browns, but the college crew was, so I was able to follow the action from their 19,000 text messages.  Could be me, but isn't the type of game good teams win?  I mean, backup QB, starting RBs hurt, defense playing like OSU the last two games, short week... and they manage to win 17-14?  That's some serious coaching, for one, but if that isn't a gut check (in so far as it exists), what else is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home