Thursday, September 30, 2021

A sense of achievement

 Nothing like low blood sugar to alter one's plans; I did leg day at the gym this morning, and I had planned to do arms tonight, but lo and behold, I couldn't.  Funny, sort of, in that it has been low all night; I've tried NOT to eat 9,000 things to force it up, but I am also trying to prevent it from going too high...some days, of course, you just have to remember that insulin is a hormone and some days it has a mind of its own... 

In the meantime, at the weigh-in this morning I came in under 190 pounds; first time in a while...  to be sure, there is not much mystery to it.  I have minimized snacking (save for low blood sugar-related activities), done some more exercise, drank more water, and ate smaller/healthier meals.  (I like salmon.)  I think I can keep it up, just a matter of doing so... but it was good, mentally, to see the low number for once.

I was updating the restaurant list today, and I realized I didn't hit Tremont Scoops before it closed; I suspect it was because I was carless for a bit without brakes, busy at work and other things, and...well, the usual.  Anyways, this does suck, and then I got to realizing I need to start hitting some of these places.  To be sure, there are many reasons why I don't -- like not being fat and not wanting to spend money (especially when I have a roof to pay for), but on the other hand, I can indulge myself once in a while...

In other news, everything but the bathroom mirror is back, I went through of Mom's stuff in the living room (today would have been her birthday), and cleaned up half the paper pile on the bedroom floor.  Progress, sort of...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home