Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Disappointment

 So, I met a friend for dinner yesterday...we picked BW3 for want of a better place (I am not a huge wings fan).  Not very crowded, though whether that was football or something else, like the pandemic.  Anyways, I used to love their nachos, so I ordered them, and...I was disappointed.  Used to be a heaping plate, with chunks of chicken and veggies; now, not so much.  Chicken chunks, only tomatoes, and the chips were different (and not as good)... I know times are a changing, but...

https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/10/theres-a-reason-dc-democrats-are-always-winning-even-when-they-lose/

Quite true, I am sad to say...I mean, when do we ever have a GOPer go around and cut something?  Get rid of programs, cabinet agencies, spending?  Never.  I can see why people get depressed and call out RINOs (not that they shouldn't be called out) because it never really changes; at least with Trump you saw some regulations gone.  But when it came time for something like Obamacare...I think that is why people on the right turned on McCain; not that he was ever one of them in general, but that was the last straw.

It's been so nice and warm that one tends to forget it is mid-September; the kids are back in school, the days are shorter, that sort of thing.  I note that I skipped my usual spring bromide about a summer romance that year, and I am not sorry I did, not that the result would have been different if I had insisted on one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home