Monday, August 30, 2021

Oops, I Did It Again

 First things first:  the Bishop Sycamore story is hilarious, no matter how you slice it.  Aside from the whole playing two high school football games in a weekend bit, I don't see the downside for them, and if they can snooker ESPN into putting them on the air...well, anyone else can get the same treatment, too.  I do feel sorry for the kids, though, let's face it, their parents put them in the school, so... you can't nail them, can you? Well, you can, but... I mean, more seriously, this is scam-central, and if the state can't shut them down...

So, Saturday I was busy -- OC duty and family affair, and then Sunday (after Mass and gym) I laid down, and when all was said and done, accounting for waking up a bit, I took a four-hour nap.  I guess this isn't the worst thing, catching up on sleep I don't get during the week because I am reading/blogging/pissing around online... But, of course, we all know how I feel about rest/downtime/etc., especially in the middle of the afternoon, when there were a hundred or so other things I could have gotten done.

You know, I wonder why the Red Sox didn't appeal yesterday's obstruction ruling; on the one hand, it was, but you could also say that Mercado took the opportunity to run into the fielder (maybe he was setting up for the relay?) and thus was out of the basepaths; also, even if he did hit the fielder, Mercado was a dead duck at home -- I don't think the throw really affected his speed, save for a step or two.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/08/30/own-your-failure-biden-voters-n2594924?300

I think the GOP should be running ads on this every day; hell, remind them of what they voted for... if Trump voters will pilloried as racists and whatnot for four years, don't you think we should calling Biden voters incompetent, murderers, misogynists, etc.?  I think it is more than fair....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home