Sunday, August 22, 2021

Respite

 Funny; I was so tired after Mass today that I came home and took a nap....for more than four hours; it was nearly 4 when I woke up.  I guess it was good to sleep; I surely needed the rest, but now I am up and not exactly tired.  Alas.  I did some more things today (weedwhacking excluded); some cleaning and such, so it was not a total loss.  Also met a friend for coffee, which is good, as it was nice to get away for a bit and hang with a friend.

So, maybe I was wrong about Tristan McKenzie; he has certainly pitched his way out of the bullpen... of course, I didn't expect this, and I am not sure the Tribe brass expected this, either.  Funny what throwing strikes can do...on the other hand, this is one of the sad things about the season...that with the solid pitching, if they had made any effort to fix the offense, this team -- if not contending for the division -- could be in the thick of the wild card fight.  Of course, they were "pre-occupied" with other matters -- name changes, saving money -- and thus made no effort to improve the team.  This might have been the plan from the beginning, but either way, it does not exactly inspire confidence in the leadership at any level...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home