Thursday, August 12, 2021

Amusements

 I didn't post yesterday because I was at the Tribe game; a friend of mine had never been to one (imagine that) so I decided to take him.  It was fun, aside from the loss; driving to the game in the rain blizzard was an interesting challenge, but onc we arrived at the game and waited out the delay, it was quite a nice night.  Efrem was amazed by my prescience in calling out Austin Hedges' strikeouts (I called two of three), while the fans around me loved my nickname by Bryan Shaw (borrowed from my brother-in-law):  Gas Can.  I guess I am glad we didn't go today; in addition to sunburn you could have got a bad case of ennui.  Oi.  Nothing to do with today but shitcan it, I guess, but it was not exactly in auspicious debut for some of the new arms.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/cal-quantrill-is-trending-in-the-right-direction/ar-AANfbQj?ocid=hplocalnews

Quantrill started yesterday; I was keen to watch him as he pitched, as the article is correct; it's certainly unique.  It is also, it seems, that he is a differnt pitcher earlier in the year, and honestly, he is correct that they should be letting him pitch deeper in games...especially if the choice is Bryan Shaw.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/08/12/conservative-public-health-covid-conservative-affirmative-action-503448

I got a kick out of this article, for a bunch of reasons.  On the one hand, I can see why people would be opposed to this. I think this is clearly an example of self-segregation; conservatves avoiding academia for a bunch of reasons, not just active exclusion, and there is no cure for that. On the other...we have affirmative action for everything, it seems -- race, gender, transgender, etc., and it simply seems ridiculous to exclude intellectual ideas from this as well... indeed, given that the left wants tolerance and inclusion, they have to practice what they preach and include conservatives.  I eagerly await my inclusion in the geology department, holding the Falwell Chair of Creation Science.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home