Sunday, August 01, 2021

Wastage

 Food pantry and wedding duty yesterday.  Food pantry was pretty quiet all month -- the usual summer slowdown, exacerbated Lord knows what -- and it sort of sucked, as we had plenty of volunteers and stuff to give out.  Indeed, the produce has been a race to give it away before it goes bad (some of it arrives so, or pretty sketch besides), which is not exactly a blast.  Alas.  Anyways, it is now finally August, and I am relieved of my duties...sad, the only good thing about the new month.  Summer has flown by, as always.  Alas.

Today I went to church, hit the grocery store, and then met my sister and favorite niece for brunch -- Burntwood Tavern in Brecksville.  Quite good, but there was a long wait for a table -- the server shortage is everywhere. Then I came home and laid down for a nap..it was about 12:30, and it was just before 5 when I woke up.  Oi.  Ok, so I sort of expected this, and should have set the clock, but to waste the day in sleep (not that I didn't need it) was...unpleasant.  I finally caught up on the stuff I had planned to do (the most important stuff) and now it is time to chill (or do some other shit that was planned).  Oi.

I did watch two more films off the National Film Registry -- "Suspense," a 1913 silent short done by a woman.  The plot is pretty simple (well done even then) but there were some cool camera shots and tricks (a rare triple scene) and let's face it, women producers and directors were not exactly common then (or now). I then watched a few snippets of Aloha Wonderwall's travel pics -- she was a noted (and again, rare) world traveler who, of course, took along the camera and shot her voyages.  Not a lot is publicly available, but I guess there are some places that have more extant copies...and sure enough I found one -- the MPAA.  You have to ask to see them, so I dashed off the form (I bet "Trying to watch every film on the National Film Registry" isn't something they come across every day at the Academy) and we wil see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home