Thursday, July 29, 2021

Surrender Monkeys

Ha, the Tribe is so bad that not even the manager wants to be around this team!  More seriously, the white flag was raised, and while we are not surprised...well, we also didn't think it should have come to this.  In the meantime, Cesar was the most valuable piece, and the return was about what was expected.  (One of my coworkers noted that in olden days, teams would pick up salary to get a better prospect, and I am still chuckling about that.) I am not exactly thrilled to see Miller back up -- let's hope Clement, who has shown an ability to hit ML pitching, gets some time as well -- but it is time to see if he can hit. The Tribe has certainly been accumulating arms, which in light of the current season, might not be unwise.

I decided to return to the National Film Registry and thus on Sunday I watched "Outrage," a 1950 film starring Ida Lupino.  For 1950, it was quite...progressive?  Basically, she is the victim of a rape and she has to put her life together as best as she can.  Interesting, for the subject matter, the treatment of the victim (sympathetic), and certainly a nod off to what we now would call PTSD...it does suffer from the usual 1950 stuff (happy endings and such) but it is certainly a different look from the time...  This gets me to 756, though I probably re-check that...

Levar Burton, as J! host, is fine; my praise is not as effusive as some of the others out there, but I am also much less emotionally connected to the idea of "Person X as J! host," and that's ok.  I listened to the "annoying" thing that the current champ does, and I certainly didn't find it...annoying. Of course, I don't exactly root for or against people, so....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home