Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Normalcy

No post yesterday, as I decided it was time for a bit of normalcy.  One of my former co-workers and I went to see Rise Against at the Beachland last night.  It was a real blast; good to see live music, for one, and a close and intimate venue, so much the better (but, let's face it, this is a COVID pit).  Rise Against, I've always liked, despite their progressive bent (a point my coworker mocked me about); as he pointed out, it's not like they are one of his favorites, but everytime you listen to them, it's a good song... You can say that about a lot of bands, I guess, but in some ways, you can't.  Anyways, they were on for an hour and a half, and it was a rocking fun time...place was packed, and I suspect they, like me, were more than pleased to get out of the house and listen to live music.  Hell, I even bought a T-shirt!

Anyways, this was also this first time I had been to the Beachland; I know, I have been a Clevelander all my life and never been.  Sort of a shithole neighborhood, and shitty parking, so the place will be the next home of my future skeeball league, but the place itself was pretty cool; not a lot venues out there like that anymore.  The bar was fairly priced, I guess, and they have a crap store in the basement which was...interesting?  I don't know; I would go there again, just make sure I get there sooner...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jpz4ab/moneyball-or-sleazeball-andrew-friedman-and-the-future-of-the-dodgers

I get a kick out of these things; not that they shouldn't sign these guys, but on some level, I see what they are doing here.  This is just one way to get guys at a discount, and, as my sister likes to say, their job is to win games, not win moral awards (see Meyer, Urban, for example).  Hell, don't people deserve second chances?  I do find it amusing that lefties want to get people out of prison and remove the structures of punishment -- which I find largely to be a good idea -- but then exclude certain classes of said people from the deal....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home