Monday, July 12, 2021

Resignation

 Two posts in one day?  Why not...I owe for the days I have missed.  Actually, it was a good day; one main issue being that for all my plans of working on a long-term project of mine that I just returned to, I didn't do anything with it.  Alas.  That said, I hit the gym, did a bunch of errands, went through some links and emails, and even watched the movie that came in through the wonders of Netflix -- "Blue Chips," an early 90s film about college basketball and payola.  It is...well, I suspect the sport was always embedded in cash, and while certain parts of the film are not exactly realistic, a lot of them were...and, of course, nothing has exactly changed since then.

I am about halfway through The Working Class Republican, a bio about Ronald Reagan -- his politics, his governing philosophy, that sort of thing.  It's interesting, as the author tries to paint him as a conservative but of the RINO school (if you will).  He makes the point pretty well, but the problem is -- from our side -- is that much of what Reagan was trying to conserve is what caused the problems in the first place, and in conserving, much worse has come about... no conservative seems to be able to solve it, which is THE problem...

I completely ignored the HR Derby and thus was surprised that Shohei Otani was eliminated early... not sure what it portends, save that whatever it is, it isn't baseball...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home