Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Double Suckitude

 Well, that was...impressive.  Third no-hitter of the year, not that it "counts."  This could be me, but...like it or not, that means you have to make some sort of change.  You may not like firing the hitting coach or bringing someone else in -- and I get that -- but at the end of the day, sometimes you have to make a change to make a change, and this is one of those times...  Funny thing is, the offense is fairly healthy; Luplow and Rosario are out, but Perez and Reyes are back.  Hedges was the catcher in the no-no today, which, of course, is a primary cause... I mean, I can see why they DFAed Rivera, but a catcher who could sort of hit...well, what could they possibly be thinking?

https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/interview-jason-furman-former-chair

Interesting, but 1) How the hell do you raise wages when you want more immigration (which, by definition, brings in more people to do low-wage jobs at lower wages); and 2) Do you really think the Fed is pushing for that much inflation?  I don't think they are; I sort of feel that are watching and waiting and hoping that prices and the economy stabilize more as the year goes on.  This way, they can just fine-tune as need be.  Guessing wrongly would be akin to choosing....poorly.

So I went to Our Lady of Mount Carmel for their Italian Festival today -- same food as the Feast of the Assumption, 95% fewer people... and it was a clusterfuck; I waited an hour for a pasta dinner.  They said they had a power outage an hour before serving, which may have been true, but 1) no one told that at the door, and 2) I would think the gas lines worked, and thus you could have boiled the water and heated the sauce (we have them at our parish and I suspect the place is of the same age/type as the Shrine)...also, they didn't seem to have any plan for to-go orders (save for the servers to fight for orders coming out), which again was odd, given the whole coming out of a pandemic thing when everyone has been ordering takeout.  The food was good and such, and I like to support urban ethnic parishes, but after this cluster I might just forget next year...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home