Monday, July 05, 2021

Rest

 So...yesterday I joked that I was going to be as lazy as possible, and I was...after church and gym, I came home, watched the Tribe, finished a book, started a new one...  it was nice.  I went out to see some fireworks at a friend's -- let's just say they don't live in the burbs, and thus it was quite...interesting to see people launching them on their own.  Then, of course, I raced home to watch "1776" on TCM -- this is one time it is perfectly acceptable to watch a musical -- and I ended up channel surfing and watching the end of "Hoosiers" on FS1... always put me in the mood.  Late night meant I woke up late, which is fine... I have little to do today -- the usual paperwork and such -- but other than that rest.  I guess I deserve it -- pulling off Xmas took a lot from me -- but not quite.

The Tribe is most depressing; not that we expected anything else, but...still, the division race is over, the wild card is tenuous...funny; we were talking Thursday about the Tribe and the moves to make with the upcoming trade deadline...my friend Mike was of the opinion that the help coming off the DL -- Perez and Reyes are back, and the rest of the rotation to follow eventually -- would be enough. I don;t quite think so; hell, knowing Tribe ownership, they will probably try to sell some of their high-price (ha) guys for used baseballs or such.  Yes, getting two starters back would mean no more Hentges and such out there every five days, and would also help the bullpen a bit, but...I think they will need more than that.

https://stevesnotes.substack.com/p/note-18-why-435

Interesting...I've always thought we could do with more representatives; not that we need more or larger government (we don't), but it gets to the point where the districts aren't really representative, and vice versa...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ilhan-omar-dont-regret-equating-us-israel-taliban-hamas-cnn

This could be me, but if it is perfectly acceptable to label every Trump voter as a racist, sexist, etc., for supporting the guy...can't we do to the same to them about this? Anti-Semitic, terrorism-supporting...to say nothing of the brother fucking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home