Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Labors

 Continuing my trend of AM blogging....

So yesterday I decided to have my bday dinner by myself and finally hit Momocho.  It's not hard to find (off Fulton in Ohio City), and while the parking is a catastrophe, going on Tuesday was not too bad (which is not the same as good).  Anyways...I liked it, and it was good, but it was...different.  Flavor combinations were odd.  I had a cauliflower appetizer with almond aioli (it's mayo!) and mezcal raisins... it was good but the aioli, I think, added too much to the dish.  I had the blue corn chicken enchiladas for the entree.  It too was good (a tint of late heat) but again I thought several times "hm, I've never had these flavors before" and I wasn't sure how to take it...

Then, before I went to the gym, I decided to stop at Lowe's and pick up the concrete blocks to support the workbench.  I was in sandals and a nicer shirt, so why not... well, aside from looking like an idiot, I then had to haul them to the truck and pile them in.  Then it was off to the gym for leg night, and a hard one... I felt the fatness from dinner (all of the pounds lost in the past week are back, I am sure). Then it was home, where I hauled the blocks to the basement (not too heavy if gripped properly), piled them up, and then hauled the workbench top on top of them.  That was heavy, but I was able to set it on top of one and then walk it on top of the over.  It looked good, and close to where it was prior to the dig, and then I moved some more stuff into the shop.  I finally stopped at 10:15...I can see why people start earlier in the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home