Monday, May 31, 2021

Tardiness

 I was out late Saturday and, in consequence, took a two-hour nap Sunday...woke up in time to see Charlie Montoya do his Eric Wedge impression. Fortunately, I was able to do all three of the cleaning tasks I set out for myself: the dining room table is empty and clean, the serving dish cabinet was cleaned and organized, and I went through the drawer with religious stuff/playing cards/exercise clothes.  While very Catholic, the cards have been moved to a new drawer, and the mess was sorted properly.  Anyways, I laid down on the floor to read about 8...and that's all I remember til I woke at 1:45 in the morning.  I then decided discretion was the better of valor, so I just laid down on the couch...and woke up at 9:45 this morning.

To be sure, this is not a bad thing, as I needed the rest, and it was an off day, but one, I had wanted to get to the gym early (I made it anyways) and two, we all know how I feel about sleeping in.  I was less tired than usual today, which is nice. I also finished the wood pile in the basement and cleaned the space beneath the steps.  I could have started to put it back together, but...enough is enough.  Not really.  Anyways, tomorrow I will hit the home improvement store to investigate concrete blocks and start puttng everything back together.

In the meantime, what has gotten into Tristan McKenzie?  Josh Naylor seems to be hitting quite a bit, Austin Hedges is not, and Karinchak has...well, I hope it is just regression to the mean; certainly homer-prone lately, which is bad for a guy entrusted to hold one-run leads. This string of ties in double-headers is a moral victory, I guess... one would like more wins, of course, bur we are also not going up against the Tigers again.

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/john-cooper-skillet-critical-theory

Interesting...much to like here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home