Friday, May 21, 2021

Progress of a Sort

 Remember when the Twins were the worst team in baseball and we had all that good young pitching?  Yeah, neither do I.  :)  Ok, while it was good to see Triston McKenzie's perpetual audition for the bullpen take a turn for the better (the Columbus bullpen), all else... oi.  Mejia pitched pretty well, in all honesty, and as we now need another starter, they just might have found one.  Imagine that. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/05/the-future-could-actually-be-bright-for-republicans.html

I think this is largely true?  I mean, we could still fuck it up, but most of what is presented here makes sense, and this doesn't even account for, say, the GOP actually making some policies. Again, policy is often made in opposition, and the leftward turn of Joe Biden has certainly given us plenty of opportunities.

One of things I took from Mom's was her collection of garments for the Infant Jesus of Prague statue; this is fine, but I have no place of my own put them, and if anything, it reminds me to take some time -- maybe on an upcoming off day -- to rearrange my drawers and shelves, put some stuff away, and organize, if not Marie Kondo, some things.  At the very least, my religious stuff needs to be organized and displayed, or at least treated with actual reverence for a change.  

Speaking of...the Diocese lifted all the restrictions on Mass attendance -- though if you are uncomfortable you can still skip... I wonder how many more people will attend; I suspect not many.  I mean, if you are comfortable now, you're already going, and if you still feel awry, you won't.  Might be a helpful nudge to some, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home