Saturday, May 29, 2021

Wakey wakey

 So...I was supposed to get up at the crack of dawn and do all my errands and gym, then come home and handle stuff... but I decided to sleep in til 8, so now we will try the reverse -- catch up on the crap and then handle the affairs of the world.  Not sure I will have the time...I mean, one of the advantages of getting up at the crack of dawn is that you have more time to do stuff (and places are less crowded).  So we will see.  Extra rest is of course nice....

That was an interesting Tribe game...seeing it was in a rain delay in the 7th, I was like...now?  Hard to judge Morgan (funny, I had a fleeting thought of attending the game, an MLB debut...glad I didn't); his stuff didn't seem to be "put-away" type, but it was also his MLB debut and the weather...certainly, one could say that some of the issues with command and maybe the stuff could be attributed to that.  Would like to see how he pitches in more normal conditions, I guess.  One unintentional highlight of staying was the Tribe pre-game, where Austin Hedges -- of all people -- was talking about how he explains to young pitchers what major-league hitters can and can't do....watching Austin Hedges hit, I think the latter is more of an approach for him from the former...

In other news, I discovered a whole new woodpile in the basement...for some reason, they also disconnected the under-stairs shelving (why I do not know), so that has to be handled as well...oi.  I mean, I could leave it there, but then it is a pile of wood, and I want it gone, and I can use the space under the stairs for all the storage bins I want to buy. I was almost done with the rec room pile -- just have to move the remnants of the work bench (which I am trying to save) to get the last pieces there, and now it is...well, I think I can finish before my bday, but...at least I have been able to look through the stuff in the basement and mark some for pitching and donation, though 90% of the stuff, I suspect, I will keep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home