Thursday, June 03, 2021

Leaks

 I think a lot of the gains in my sleep have now been eliminated, as I was up late the last two nights -- pissing around, low blood sugar -- and while I do not expect a day-long crash, I am feeling groggy...decided to do a gym double tomorrow in the vain hope of hitting the sack early tonight.  Sigh.

Yesterday, of course, was the saddest day ever, as this year will be the swan song of Coach K...words cannot describe my sadness.  I do wonder what was the real cause; a couple of years ago, there were articles saying he still had much more in him, but now...  Too much transfer ball?  Pain-in-the-rear players?  The vagaries of the past season?  We will survive, of course, but things will not be the same.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligence-on-sick-staff-at-wuhan-lab-fuels-debate-on-covid-19-origin-11621796228?mod=hp_lead_pos7

https://unherd.com/2021/05/what-if-there-was-a-lab-leak/

I have been meaning to post about this for a couple of days...I mean, I think it would be big, of course, but not in the way people think.  For one, I don't think for a minute that the CCCP would EVER let anyone find out the truth if they did it, so...much of the reaction would have to be external.  For another, even if we did come to the conclusion that they made it and let it out...GOPers would take a victory lap, of course, but even that would be muted -- do you think the press is going to call themselves out, or the types who pooh-poohed this theory from day one?  Of course not.  Short of a GOP President and Congress, the chance of a punishment will be extrememly...limited.  Certainly deserved, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home