Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Joy of Work

 Busy weekend; wedding, random stuff, and today was house-cleaning.  Finished the basement (but not the bathroom), washed the kitchen floor, did the steps, emptied the playroom, took all of the stuff to the basement, got a pile of stuff to take in the attic (tomorrow will be cooler, so...), and did some cleaning.  I also decided the old TV could be taken to the tree lawn, so that will clean some more space in the playroom (the closet will have to be cleaned and organized, but tomorrow is another day).  I could have done more, of course,  but I think I did...enough.  For today, that is; who is say I won't have some energy and move the extra table or run the vacuum (untangling the Nintendo cords was a challege enough, though).

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/06/20/barstool-sports-republican-politics-portnoy-trump-495221

Now, I have never actually listened to his show, but... as we know, I just love articles like this; I enjpyed the book about South Park Republicans, but I suspect, of course, that there were other things behind the movement as well, and the GOP then wasn't configured to absorb this group.  Now, of course, they are, but the message and messenger is slightly different.  On the other hand...I think Donald Trump and Dave Portnoy do speak to a certain segment of society, which explains why Trump won in 2016 and almost did so in 2020. Getting these people out in 2024 without offending anyone else...

https://fee.org/articles/new-harvard-data-accidentally-reveal-how-lockdowns-crushed-the-working-class-while-leaving-elites-unscathed/

This is exactly right, and is one the reasons I was opposed to the lockdowns and such foisted on us by our political leadership... needless to say, one can also trace the fault lines politically, here... which is amusing, given that the Democratic party is portrayed as a friend of the worker...at least a certain kind of worker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home