Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Judgments

 So, here I am, waiting for my sugar level to be appropriate before going to bed... didn't do much house work today, though I did some shopping.  Tomorrow is another day, and we will carry on... got a haircut today.  WHile the new hairdresser will never quite reach the level of the old one, she is...close.  I have to admit, I looked like a million bucks when I left, and felt the same way...  

I also decided, as I was in Lakewood, to hit another place on the list, and today it was the Southern Grill...  it was ok.  I mean, it was good, but some of the stuff tasted from a can, and the chicken and waffles, while interesting, was just... I expected more.  The grits were good; not too cheesy, and the peach cobbler was decent.  One of the Fun Runners said it sounded like the place was in the food equivalent of the Friend Zone, which was...surprisingly apt.

https://sensingonline.blogspot.com/2021/06/stop-making-protestant-arguments.html

Interesting view; hadn't looked at it from this way.  I don't know; on the one hand, we're still Catholics here, and we should stand for something.  (I would also like to point out the Church teachings that, quite clearly, direct Catholics to operate at local levels, and thus direct our solutions and politics to the same; this, of course, is also completely antithecal to the Dem way of thinkfing, not that anyone calls them on it.) On the other hand, as an EM, I don't think I could, or should, turn people away from the Sacrament on my own; I mean, I don't think I am the best judge of internal moral character in these things, and I would certainly hate to pass judgment on others...let's face it, most of the time, my own prejudices will be affeting how I discern things.  That, to put it mildly, is something of a sacrilege...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home