Monday, July 12, 2021

Recovery

 Long weekend...was in a wedding, which meant the full range of festivities.  Then, yesterday, I attending a Christening; not the godfather (thank God), but as my friend has few relatives...well, nowadays, I've noticed that in some cases, friends are the new family, and this is one of them, so there I was, running with the other children (at least babies are sedentary, for now).  The end result was Sunday night I took a long hot bath and shut off the alarms.  Woke up at 9 today and my legs are still sore (my plan for a gym double is in doubt).  At least I was able to go through some emails and clear up some stuff from the links list.  My plan to cut the grass today has been pre-empted by the deluge outside, but I am not exactly unhappy about that.  

https://marker.medium.com/private-equity-is-buying-your-block-with-your-neighbors-money-8d37e98ebc2d

I don't know; both are problems -- private equity buying up homes and NIMBYism -- so wouldn't it be better to solve (or at least try to) both now?  I realize NIMMBYism is more of a liberal problem, but...  then again, so is this:

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2021/07/12/the-morning-briefing-cubans-desire-for-freedom-confuses-american-commies-n1460847

In other news, the Tribe swept the royals (sort of) this weekend, which sums up the team... they can handle the little guys, but the real clubs (save for the White Sox so far) seem to cause them fits, which is not exactly a sign of progress, or success.  Mercado getting hits and driving in runs is a sign of success, as is Quantrill going six; not that we expect both of these to continue, but having a semi-useful OF and a starter who can pitch innings would be...nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home