Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Collapse

 My streak of posts was broken yesterday...not that that was my intent, but I went to dinner, the gym, came home...and discovered that the roof was leaking.  Now, it was a small leak, and I went in the attic and I discovered that there were some wet bricks on the chimney (so it could be a flashing issue).  Oi.  So, I then had to go in the attic and move all of the boxes away from the wet area (didn't look like anything was wet) and that took some moving about... including four boxes of stuff that I decided I could go through, so I started doing that tonight.  Anyways, I spent much of today scheduling roofers to come over and give me an estimate... to be honest, the roof is past replacement, and while I hope this is just a minor issue, at the end of the day...it's going to have to go (I told one friend it would be a lifetime replacement, I hope, which went over well).  I am able to afford it, of course, but we all know I am about spending money...

I went to Salt in Lakewood yesterday, deciding that my haircut appointment was also a good opportunity to cross a place off my list (obviously, with this roof expense, these visits will be few and far between...).  Anyways...honestly, it was one of the best meals of my life. I went with the grilled plums with mustard greens and black pepper ricotta, then the porchetta with the sweet and sour peach preserves.  Quite delicious!  Dessert was a passionfruit and coconut tureen, also awesome.  It was pricey, and I am not sure it is worth $45, but I guess it was, given that it was one of the best meal of my life.

So, Andrew Cuomo resigned; I had wanted this, like the Iran-Iraq war, to go on and on, but such is not to be.  Again, if I was in the GOP, I would have commercials queued up, and the Joe Biden "good job" one would be the first one to hit the air...

The Rockies story is...well, not surprising.  Honestly, I listened a dozen times, and it's not that clear either way; if you think it's the N-bomb, it could be, and if not... to be sure, the visual evidence seems to exonerate the guy, and everyone around him cleared him of the charge.  I of course make a snarky comment that the Rockies will change Dinger's name, and of course Brinson and others say the same thing...  More seriously --  when do they apologize to the fan for smearing his name and reputation?  If the Rockies have cleared him, shouldn't all the people who assailed him have to walk it back?

On a related vein -- not that I am defending Andrew Cuomo -- but doesn't he have some presumption of evidence?  I realize that, yes, Democrats don;t believe in that for this sort of crime (never mind all the others)m but I think it is troubling... much like the Dinger episode, holding fire until we know they are guilty is...something we need to bring back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home