Thursday, August 05, 2021

Links, Take Two

 Is it me, or do we not need to see Mejia making any more starts for the Tribe?  I realize -- as the front office pointed out -- that he is able to go 80 or 90 pitches, but the fact of the matter is that he seldom gets that far before being knocked around. One of the coworkers looked him up and noted he has no AAA experience and 3 AA games on the resume, which probably explains most of the scuffle (thanks Rob Manfred)...but even so, now is the time to get him some valuable minor league development time.  I realize that, like Lincoln trying to replace McClellan, you need someone, but I don't think that anyone else could be worse (and there is no shame in running guys up and down the AAA shuttle if need be, especially as the white flag has been raised).  Oi.

https://www.theringer.com/music/2021/7/30/22596687/sublime-self-titled-anniversary-bradley-nowell-death

This is sort of sad (not that I was a huge fan; my college roommate was, and thus one heard a lot of Sublime) but of course, I also can't help but think that, well, this is what happens when you use drugs.  I shouldn't feel this way (probably) but, again, as I always say, we always know what happens when people use; it seldom ends well, and no one is ever truly better for it, so...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/09/blame-the-bobos-creative-class/619492/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I give Brooks for identifying his role in this, but mostly I got a kick out of this...I guess what did they expect would happen?  Does he really think that the new creative class he produced is going to willingly give up a part (much less all) of what they have reached for and achieved for the sake of the equity of which they so earnestly preach?  Has any group, over time, ever done that?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/07/american-anger-polarization-fox-news/

In a related vein, I think the author identified a problem, and then found a solution...this could be me, but one think I always say is that liberals love to say and do things that are simply not true, and no one ever calls them out for them, or, more accurately, they never suffer any consequences for these things, and then you wonder why conservatives get so angry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home