Friday, August 06, 2021

Feeding

 You know, Cal Quantrill has really come on as a pitcher; I was listening in the car on the pregame and I was like "Gee, he is quietly having a good season;" certainly compared to Mejia.  I was going to say his stuff isn;t as good as that of Mejia, but it is more finished, and thus he is probably close to being major-league ready, and that's enough for this team now.  To be sure, beating the Tigers isn't quite the same as the White Sox, but if Quantrill can develop into a ML #3 starter... that trade actually looks decent for the Tribe.

Went to the Ukrainian fest at the Pokrava parish down Broadview today... never been and we all know how I love to support ethnic parishes and try new stuff.  The place was packed when I arrived; never thought I would find a parking spot, but I did...they have an exterior and an interior food bazaar, if you will, and I selected the interior course.  They have that system where you have to buy tickets to buy food; I hate this because 1) it implies you don't trust your volunteers and 2) it eliminates impulse buying, as you don;t want to buy too many tickets and waste them, so you underbuy... also 3) if all the volunteers at the ticket table are bsing, no one will want to take your money, which is bad for business.  Anyways, I dropped a twenty and got the Ukrainian platter, a side of pyrohoski, and a dessert.  It was actually pretty decent; the borscht was on the thicker side (which I like).  The pierogis were potato only and cooked well. The sauerkraut was NOT sour (thank God) so it was palatable (I hate sauerkraut), and the kielbasa was decent (smoked).  The only downside was the stuffed cabbage; not a lot of flavor, and the meat was well-cooked, so it literally fell apart when I moved it, much less forked.  But compared to the Lenten fish fries of the year....whoa.

A bunch of books came from the library today, which is  good, as I have little to do this weekend, so I can definitely crank out some pages and pile through the rapidly expanding list.  It's not like I have a TV, either...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home