Thursday, August 19, 2021

Manual of Labor

 Oi.  Busy day today; went to the office to help move and throw out crap for the delayed move; the stuff has to go as we don't have a lease, but it will go into storage...anyways, I had to drop off stuff and pick stuff up for the food pantry, so I lent a hand.  Maybe I am over-tired to begin with, but it really tired me out! I guess it was good to get some exercise in, and they needed the help, and it was good to see my coworkers, and it was work that needed to be done but wasn't exactly the work I should be doing...  

https://www.niskanencenter.org/the-growing-influence-of-the-non-religious/

Interesting; I think we all know I love this sort of thing, and I want to add the books they mentioned to my list (which needs more works like a hole in the head).

Speaking of holes in the head...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/meghan-mccain-biden-unfit-to-lead-afghan-turmoil

Oh, I don't know, Meghan, some of us understood this sooner, and maybe if you had done so, we would not have been in the probelms we are in now...

Watched an interesting film today, called "Corpus Christi," from Poland, recent filn...basically, young man is paroled from juvie, is mistaken for newly arrived priest, and what follows of course is 90 minutes of him trying to pass off the lie while also changing the small town where he is "priesting." It was quit good; I guess I wasn't surprised how much I liked it; I mean, it's not a comedy, but does have some funny moments, but it also fairly serious about redemption, faith, that sort of thing....  I do have little to do this weekend, so some films and some reading are definitely high on the list of stuff to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home