Wednesday, August 18, 2021

A Return to Normalcy

 So, my streak of posts ended gloriously...sort of; Monday night we had an in-person food pantry board meeting (first in nearly two years) which went long (as they do) and then last night I met a friend from out of town for coffee/walk in the park (he was at the Crowne Plaza in Middleburg, by the Metroparks) and it was good to catch up for a few hours.  So here we are.  Plenty of good things to read about Joke Biden and the Afghan debacle; when you've lost even part of the press...  In the meantime, the Tribe lost again -- despute a 9th inning rally; Plesac really lost it quickly, and I am not sure Alex Young is the guy I want to see in that situation, Demarlo Hale, if you get my drift...

https://jimtreacher.substack.com/p/vaccinated-people-are-shrugging-off?r=17yh5&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=twitter

All of these are pretty funny, actually...

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-diabetes-covid/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I don't know...or, how shall I say this?  Diabetes care is hard, but it is not that hard; mainly it involves not eating foods that you like (ice cream, chocolate, snax) because these foods -- which are bad for you anyways -- are even worse due to what they do to your blood sugar.  An important caveat here is that by exercise and good habits you can lower blood sugar and benefit your body in other ways.  This is just as is done with people without diabetes, but perhaps moreso with the disease.  So... while I sympathize with these people, I am also appealled by their behavior to an extent, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home