Saturday, August 21, 2021

Lazy Saturday

 You know, this is the first weekend in a while -- and will be -- where I had nothing to do, nothing planned, anything.  So, of course, I filled it with all sorts of stuff to do; the plan was to do it all today so there was nothing tomorrow, but, of course, that didn't happen.  Helped a friend move, finished cleaning out the hovel (sad), hit the gym, sorted some stuff from the hovel, finished a book... but still I feel like I wasted much of the day.

Watched two movies on the National Film Registry yesterday and today, putting me to 760.  The first was "Wattstax," which is a documentary/performance video of an all-Black music festival in Watts.  Interesting; didn;t know all the musicians, of course, and some of the banter between sets could have been said now -- cops "accidentally" shooting minorities -- but it was interesting historically, at least.  The other film was..."Shrek."  Yes, I had not seen "Shrek" until today.  And you know what?  I liked it.  Cute.  Funny; a lot of the jokes worked for both kids and adults, and at the very least I liked the idea of a twist on the old fairy tale...  I guess the animation was pretty complex as well.

https://jabberwocking.com/blame-the-army-not-biden-for-our-panicked-evacuation-from-afghanistan/
This is a good point; I wonder if any GOPers (say, Tom Cotton or Lindsay Graham) actally hold anyone from the Pentagon over this, and maybe even demand some heads or cut some funding.  I suspect "absolutely not" is the answer, but it certainly has to be on the table...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home