Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Vast Bemusement

 So here I am, blogging after a busy weekend and a full Monday; caught up on some work, caught up on some work around the house, took the last load of stuff from the hovel (sale may go through tomorrow), met a friend who was having some personal issues.  Tonight another friend came over to discuss the perturbations of his life (I always say it is a bad thing when I am the friend of last resort for advice) but I guess it is good they come to me rather than someone else, like Jack Daniels.  Anyways, I got to watch Civale pitch (I thought it went well) and then off to the gym for a double, and much needed.  I've been snacking less and exercising more -- even if it is just pacing around the house -- and I weighed in at just under 193; 13 to go and I will be content.

Fruit has been really expensive, so I bought a watermelon a couple of days ago -- $5 -- and cut it up.  It's really quite good!  I mean, I like watermelon, but this was is just sweet enough that you want to go back for more.  I intend to get several portions out of it, but I do need to remind myself that I am a diabetic and I have to lose 13 pounds...I remember reading about Irvin McDowell (don't ask) that once -- after eating an enormous meal as it was -- he polished off an entire watermelon and pronounced it "monstrously fine."  I can see how!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/cultural-icons-popular-today-unknown-tomorrow/

I dummied into this from another article; a while back I blogged about how no listens to ragtime anymore, and this is in a similar vein.  Now, maybe I just love the archaic -- history, ragtime, silent films -- but while this is probably fine, it's also a bit sad, as someone should appreciate all of this history and culture that went before us.  On the other hand, in 100 years, will people listen to, or even remember, Justin Bieber?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-the-texas-anti-abortion-movement-helped-enact-a-near-complete-ban/ar-AAO80FZ?li=BBnb7Kz

Again, I have said this before, but if we learn from the left, adopt their methods, and put them into practice, at no point do they ever say "Gee, we reaped what we sowed," or "Maybe we went too far there;" no, they just bitch louder. Long may this continue!

https://awfulannouncing.com/high-school/exclusive-former-ohsaa-investigator-shares-frustrations-that-schools-ignored-his-warnings-about-bishop-sycamore-red-flags.html

I am still getting a kick out of stories like this; again, I need not remind everyone that these are Catholic schools who were among the biggest perpetrators of this scam...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home