Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Amusements

 The more I read about the Bishop Sycamore story, the more I love it, though, again, where were the parents with all of this?  The state is looking into this now, of course, but where were they long ago?  I also wonder if people will start to look at IMG (again, and no, they won't) because they've played this "team" twice (twice!) and, of course, would have done it again... I realize everyone knows that high school football is as mercenary as anything else, but I suspect some people expect that...well, maybe this is not the place for this sort of thing.

Anyways, I need to lose some weight; it is funny, because I have been hitting the gym more, but I have also had low blood sugar, and then just some general snacking, and the result is I am still about 12 pounds overweight from my preferred weight.  This is untenable; I did some extra walking today and had a modest lunch -- two green peppers and some fruit -- and I am going to keep this up for a few days, just to try and see what happens. It is the intake that is the problem...it is depressing, but also, of course, I know better, I just need to do it.

https://monsterhunternation.com/2021/08/30/where-have-all-the-biden-voters-gone/

This is awesome, of course...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/08/texas-abortion-supreme-court-roe-wade.html

I don't know, this is...brilliant?  I mean, I have often said here that the point of Roe v. Wade is to make impossible for states to regulate abortion on their own -- as they should do -- by what even RBG called bullshit jurisprudence.  (It's also bad for democracy, certainly the small-d type.)  So, of course, pro-life advocates are trying to find ways around this.  And Texas...seems to have done so?  I don't know, there is some genius here; the state isn't doing anything but passing a law, and if private actors can do the work -- by forcing Planned Parenthood to pay them -- that is just awesome.  Now, if Planned Parenthood had their eugenic balls they would just send a lawyer down there and volunteer to cut checks, if they really cared about this.  I suspect, of course, they do not...  I guess, as I like to say, that if a law is seen as illegitimate, so too will its opposition.  No one seemed to like sit-ins at lunch counters, but they worked, and I suspect this will too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home