Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Sense and a lack of sensibility

 So, the Behemoth needs new brakes.  Grr.  I mean, it happens, I can deal with it, I can afford it, and once installed, it'll be a while before I need new ones.  On the other hand, I hate spending money (as we all know), and especially now, when I have a roof to replace, a tree to cut down, and God knows what else.  And prices for everything (including brakes and related parts) are going up.  Sigh.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/idiocracy-oral-history-mike-judge?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This is pretty interesting; I would have liked to have read more, actually.  I loved the movie, of course -- it did appeal to my sense of humor, and they are correct, it appeals to both sides of the political equation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-memo-attacks-on-democracy-seep-down-to-school-boards-election-offices/ar-AAO6h7Q?li=BB141NW3

 I don't know; this has been a liberal tactic for a while now; packing meetings with supporters, fake outrage, going to school superintendents' offices (a favorite of the teachers' unions), running for office, even... so why this is an attack on democracy, compared to those efforts, is a wonder to me.  And, of course, no one ever questions any reporter about that.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/10/new-puritans-mob-justice-canceled/619818/

I thought this was an awesome tale, aside from the fact that...she didn't criticize them cancellers enough?  I mean, it's as if she realizes the problem, but doesn't want to go out there and say "enough is enough" and that this is a threat to free thought?  I guess she lets others make that point, but considering all the other things the Atlantic editorializes about, I am not sure why this got past...

This is the fourth time this year the Tribe has been no-hit through six. I realize we are playing the youngsters and they will struggle, but at the end of the day, something needs to be changed, if only for the sake of recognizing failure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home