Saturday, September 11, 2021

Lazy Saturday

 Is it me, or is Ohio State not even trying to play defense?  I don't know... I mean, the coaching staff isn't adjusting, the defense isn't looking very inspired, and the pressure has been minimal.  I watch less and less football every year, so if I can see these things...

Slept in this morning; not sure I should keep doing this, but I probably did need the sleep -- crashed at 11, woke up at 2ish, bathroom, and then back to bed.  I guess it was nice...need the rest.

Since I had the morning off for a change, I took advantage of it and watched "Sweet Sweetback's BadAsssssssssssss Song," which was...interesting.  Blaxploitation film from the early 70s, somewhat subversive.  Interesting tale.. I liked it, though it was a little...long.  Lots of montage and whatnot, all of which could have been cut.  Anyways, I am now up to 761 on the NFR list...not much readily available, but I will try keep trying...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/09/carry-nation-biography-reasons-for-activism.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Interesting; I knew some of this about her, learned some more.  I do tend to fall on the lines of people like her; I do think we undercount the social costs of any addiction, and, if you think about it, she called for the strict punishment of those who supplied such substances to the community.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/04/adults-progress-and-disaster/

Bookmarked this before; I think it is quite good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home