Sunday, September 12, 2021

Recollect

 Didn't watch any of the Browns; watched some of the Tribe.  When Ryan Lavarnaway is all that stands between you and not being no-hit two days in a row... and yes, changing the name is exactly what this team needs. I was reading on baseballthinkfactory one of the game threads and someone pointed out -- truthfully -- that for all of the talk of the NL West. the Brewers are the feel good story of the year; not that anyone saw them coming but all of the sudden they have an excellent pitching staff (aside from facing the Tribe) and they can hit (even when not facing Tribe pitching). Then, of course, we have our team...  oi.  

So, I was poking around online, and someone I went to high school passed away; I was sort of friends with him back them, didn;t really stay in touch (save for the occasional FB missive), and now...gone.  It didn't take long to figure out that it is probably addiction-related, which doesn't make it less sad but reminds me, once again, of why I eschew those sorts of things.  Alas, though; I always liked the guy, maybe I should have stayed in touch...

I Marie Kondo'ed my saved passwords and the email folder.  This might be unwise...  Funny; I still need to go through the last of the stuff we rescued from Mom's; oddly, I seem to be in no hurry for that.  I also went through the pile of links and finished reading Hanson's The Second World Wars.  This was an achievement, though when I look at the eight page (double column) list of books to read....sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home