Friday, September 24, 2021

Waking up

 So yesterday (Thursday) I went to the Little Brown Jug in Delaware...it was good to be back live at the races, honestly, and in some ways it was exactly the same --  many of our friends were there, we saw the same people, didn't win (that's not new), had my annual deep-fried twinkie.  Some ways it was not; not all of the people were there, some of the vendors and food trucks were not (looked a little sparse both inside and out)...and it was really cold; we couldn't remember the last time we had bad weather.  I mean, the rain stayed away 95% of the time, but the wind was a near constant, and the sun was non-existent.  I equivocated on bringing a winter coat and a hoodie, and I am glad in the end I brought both...

Today I took off and slept in a bit, then went and caught up on some errands; I also decided to cross off a place on the food list and his Old Brooklyn Cheese, down in Old Brooklyn.  These both make cheese and sell grilled cheese sandwiches, so... I bought a wine-infused gouda (which I will try in a couple of days) and ordered the Pearl Road; ham, turkey, cheese, and a berry spread; I went with the smoky tomato soup as well.  And it was...pretty good.  A bit heavy -- I am not a huge fan of grilled cheese, you know -- but the sandwich was good, and the soup was decent, too.  

I didn't fell well after lunch...not sure why, but I ended up taking a 30-minute nap at Aldi's before I went in for some shopping.  It seemed to help, but then I came home, felt tired again...had to take a zoom call at 2:30, and laid down right after...and woke up at 8:30.  Oi....I had plans for the day, and those were by the wayside...

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/09/why-so-many-historians-look-down-on-ulysses-s-grant/

Interesting read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home