Monday, September 27, 2021

Catching up

 So, long but busy weekend, and here we are... supposedly the roof is taken off and replaced tomorrow; thus, tonight, I was on a frantic tear, pulling stuff off the walls (all the hammering might cause gravity to take effect) and doing a general house-cleaning just in case someone wants to come inside.  Very exciting.   I did note that I had yet to go through the left bit of stuff from Mom's (imagine that)...this on top of the idea -- which welled up last week -- that I need to de-crap again.  I lost my opera glasses for the Brown Jug, and whild going through every drawer and such I realized some of the stuff I don't need, some of the stuff I need elsewhere, and some of the stuff can be pitched or donated...  as I am so good on the basics as it is...

Is it me, or has the college football season been wild?  Clemson is 2-2.  Ohio State is 3-1.  Duke is 3-1.  Arkansas is 4-0.  Florida State is 0-4.  Clay Helton was fired; ok, not that wild, but...I guess if you thought he wasn't the choice, you do it...last year?  BC beat Missouri (bet they might start recruiting kids from Massachusetts now).  I could go on, but you get the picture.  Some of this parity, some of this is reversion to the mean, and some of this might just be coaching; OSU is.  Clemson?  Maybe; much as Urban Meyer struggled a bit post-Tebow, so to is Dabo post-Trevor.  This, I guess, happens.  In other news...hard to believe the Padres were eliminated from the postseason; remember when they were talking about them winning 100 games?

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/can-democrats-win-back-the-white-working-class/

I don't know; can't it be both?  Or, perhaps, once white working class voters realized that the Dems were not representing them, they adapted their viiews to meet those of the GOP?  I.e., if you realize that some of what you had believed in previously wasn;t working, obviously, the rest of it isn't working either...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home