Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Entertainments

 After last night's Bryan Shaw implosion, we were treated to the Nick Wittgren implosion...how wonderful!  I would say, for the first reliever, the issue is that he is simply not a top-level reliever anymore; he's just another guy.  Now, there is nothing wrong with this -- he is still an MLB player, for Christ's sake -- but for the Tribe to keep running him out there in high-leverage situations... is just dumb.   As for Wittgren...I suspect he is just gassed (as is Shaw, to some extent). This could be me (and lots of others), but the modern game is hard on relievers; throwing more games and more innings -- at higher velocities -- isn't good, I suspect, for most arms.  Kyle Boddy said this while resigning from the Reds; we need to find ways to develop starters (who can pitch longer!) or else... 

In other news, the roof is completely done -- final checks (of every sense) completed.  Funny...I had to go into the attic for something, and it is covered in black pieces parts (the old underlay); all the hammering and rending and whatnot must have caused much of it to loosen.  So, on top of all the other cleaning to be done... there is that.  I don't know; just all these little things to do, but of course the only way to handle them is to do them, so...

I am getting a kick out of the Democrats and their inability to pass spending bills, though I do think it will happen; too much downside for it not to.  Much like the failure to repeal Obamacare on our side, if the party that controls the Presidency and Congress (albeit narrowly) can't get it done...  I was telling my coworkers about the old Will Rogers line, "I belong to no organized party, I am a Democrat," and some things never seem to die...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home