Sunday, October 03, 2021

Participating Productively

 SInce my life was going so smoothly, my TV remote decided to stop working (in part); my channel side does not work.  Oi.  I guess I can call later on see if someone in tech support has any idea on how to fix this, but if not, I can trek on over to the cable store and get a new one (joy)...not like I have anything else to do.  Alas.  I can't watch the Tribe (wasn't on the last channel I had on), though I could do it on the laptop, but as I like to say, it sort of defeats the purpose of owning a TV.  First world problems of course.

So yesterday was OC duty and it was...fine?  I mean, we had the floor and foundation work finished -- new floorboards, reinforcements in the basement -- and then we had to move the stuff back to where it was.  Food inventory is low, so the order will be massive, but at least we won't fall into the basement. Anyways, putting Humpty Dumpty together went fairly well; we had some volunteers from Central Catholic as part of their community service day, and they were helpful...the "problem" was that everyone kept coming over to see what they were doing; Principal, a penguin, community service coordinator, Lord knows who else...I mean, for all of the non-volunteers poking around...one wonders what else we could have acheieved if they had been volunteering elsewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home