Sunday, October 10, 2021

The Polish Festival

 So, this weekend was the Polish Festival, and I was on duty the entire weekend; Thursday I made brownies for the Festival (4.5 pans).  Friday I took the day off and reported at noon to help pre-cook; I burned myself on a damaged glove, but it was good -- surprisingy busy.  Saturday I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to shop for more stuff to make more pans of brownies (four more; inflation is certainly affecting how much they cost to make), and the off to pre-cook and then serve... and we were absolutely slammed; the line was out the door literally all night.  It was good -- we had a big crowd -- made a lot of money -- but we also coyuld have had more items to sell (not that I had a problem with the decision to order less).  Alas.  Today was merely busy; but we ran out of food at 4, and that was that; helped with cleanup (not much to put away) and I left about 630ish; we had some extra chicken legs and mashed potatoes, so I ran them to St. Herman's...and since I was in the area, I treated myself to Mason's Creamery.  I was literally reeking of the Festival, and two large dogs gave me plenty of up close and personal attention, which I loved.

Anyways, home now; laundry is in, shower is done, and now I am trying to catch up with all of the world's events (Alabama lost!  OSU didn't!). I guess I do spend more time helping out; they need the help, I am sort of good at it, and people aren't getting any younger (not that I am); Mom would definitely bitch, of course, but this is probably good.  Probably.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2021-09-23/red-hot-chili-peppers-blood-sugar-sex-magik-anniversary-oral-history

Interesting, and hard to believe this is so long ago. Very depressing...

In other news, I am off tomorrow -- believe me, off is the word-- after three days of the Lord's work and aside from a gym double and some reading (and maybe some incidental cleaning), I intend to do as little as possible.  A restaurant field trip may be in order, given the timing (clearing a few off the list before winter sets in might be nice)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home